Mmh it’s time for some food blogging! This is one of my favourite snacks to make: Avocado and hummus quesadillas! It’s dead easy ánd sooo delicious! Ooh and pretty healthy too ;) I make these quesadillas at least once a week and depending on what’s in my fridge I’ll vary the toppings, but this is my favourite version.
What do you need:
- half avocado
- hummus (any kind you like; normal, red pepper, chilli..)
- 1 tortilla
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes/baby plum tomatoes
- 25g feta cheese
- mixed lettuce (any kind you like)
- lemon juice
How to make it:
- Cover the tortilla with a good layer of hummus
- Slice half the avocado and place it on one half of the tortilla
- cut the tomatoes and put them on top
- put some lettuce on top
- sprinkle the feta cheese on top
- squeeze a bit of lemon juice to taste
- fold the tortilla in half
- heat a bit of oil in a frying pan
- place the folded tortilla in the pan and heat both sides for a few minutes; until the tortilla gets golden brown and a bit crispy (it’s easier to eat like that)
- You can endlessly vary with the garnish! Some parsley or coriander instead of tomato and lettuce would also be very yummy.
- Mushrooms, onions, home made hummus, basically anything you can think of is worth a try!
- If you find this tortilla a bit to big, just use a cookie cutter to make like 4 baby tortillas out of each tortilla. Make sure to at least fit an avocado slice.